CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

I Heart Mass Transit

Okay, I will admit that I did not vote for the lightrail system because of a few things I saw as potential flaws (i.e. the route), but nonetheless, now that it is here we are excited. We hope it succeeds and people take advantage of it.

Of course, we had to check it out (especially since the first station is right down the road). These are the first two trains that pulled out of the station with passengers on them. Don't worry, we were on the VERY first one. (Tim made sure we got there nice and early.)


We all squished together; Tim, me and the pink marshmallow. (It was cold that morning!)

Tim's dad, Bruce, came with us too. As an avid train fan, it was an opportunity he couldn't resist.
The smooth ride lulled Hannah to sleep. (It also might have helped that she was up a bunch last night coughing, but I say it was the magic of the train. It was practically the Polar Express).

She woke up later to check out the station.
It was so fun to check it out. We hope to ride again soon. :)

1 comments:

Shellee said...

We love it, too. Curt has used it to go to some work training in downtown Phx. It stopped right outside the building. It took longer for Curt to drive there in traffic.
We will probably take it to the new children's museum.