Well, you may be getting sick of hearing about my foray into the world of running, but I feel like I have to document my progress because a) I am progressing, b) I am having a lot of fun and c) maybe my goings-on will motivate someone to give it a try!
Hannah had a blast playing with Aunt "Meimi" (aka Mary) on the barnyard-themed playground equipment during the race.
Starting out, Tim and I were the absolute last two people. But, it turns out we didn't end that way. Check out our results here. Even though we passed a few people along the way, we were definitely closer to the pack of the back than the front. So, we just left shortly after finishing and eating our complimentary pancake and sausage breakfast (courtesy of the Peoria Fire Dept.). It was pretty funny to find out a few days later when our results were posted that I came in FIRST in my age group (of two, mind you). Maybe if we had stuck around I would have gotten a prize. :)
The next race I'm planning on doing is the Mesa Mi Amigo's Turkey Trot. It is a 10k race on Thanksgiving Day. What better way to begin a day of gluttony than by running a few miles?
2 comments:
Good work Johnsons! I think that is awesome and it does inspire me to get off my toosh so thank you for that:)
Good job! I am jealous, you make me want to run and I don't know if that would be a good idea for me right now.
Post a Comment