CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

5k Numero Dos!

No, the title does not indicate that I came in second place. Alas, far from it. I did, however, complete my second 5k race (for those of you who are metrically challenged, that is 3.1 miles). It was great because this time 1) I KNEW I could do it, 2) my dad actually ran WITH me for most of the time, instead of leaving me to eat his dust and 3) I shaved approximately 7 minutes off my time (compared to the last one in July). Whoo-hoo! Before the race...this one was a lot more low key, comparatively. It was part of the "Chandler Day of Play" celebration. My number one cheerleaders. (Don't worry, Tim made me change me headband so that it matched my outfit. Who knew he was such a running fashionista?)
From the looks of it, it would appear that Hannah and Mary were working almost as hard as I was during the race. (I'm fairly certain Mary is wearing Hannah's glasses...Does it look like their heads are the same size?)
The finish line!
And I still have a smile on my face!

Don't worry, I already have my next race planned. It is the morning of November 8th, and the distance is 8k (~5 miles). Any takers? Registration is only $15, and that includes a free pancake breakfast afterwards as well as t-shirt. You can't beat that! I keep trying to recruit someone to run with me so that I won't have to always run on the treadmill. Plus, it is getting so much cooler outside...think of the fun we would have! Come on friend, I know you're out there! It's time to lace up your shoes and hit the road!



3 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

I would totally be your running buddy if I wasn't preggers... come January, if you stilll want a buddy, I am there!

Mary said...

Yep, those are Hannah's glasses. It was really bright out and they were only squeezing my head a little. :)

Fosburgh Family said...

I wish I had know about this sooner. Next race I am with you!!!! I have been wanting to run!