CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

My First 5K!

After I graduated, I suddenly realized I needed some new goals to replace my old ones. I don't like being goal-less. SO I decided to take up running. I have always kind of wanted to, but never thought that I had the time. Now that I don't spend every one of my spare minutes studying, I can actually have a hobby. I hope to be able to run a half-marathon at the beginning of next year (new goal). To keep myself enthusiastic and motivated, I decided to run a 5K race on the Fourth of July! What a fun thing to do when it is 1,000 degrees outside! :) My sister, Mary, and my dad were crazy enough to join me. The family before the race. Hannah and Tim were my moral support!
Mary, Dad and I before the race. (Notice how we aren't super sweaty yet!)

Mary and I a few feet from the finish line. (Dad left us in the dust!)

Overall, it was a lot of fun. Most of the people there were pretty serious runners, so that was a little rough because I finished nearly last out of about 650 people. But, you have to start somewhere, right? As Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never give up. "

7 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Good job! I plan on running a half maration after this baby comes out! Do you need a running stroller? I have two, a single and a double, I obviously won't be using the single one anytime soon, you can borrow it anytime you like.

mashby said...

WHAT?! How have we not talked about this? THIS IS AWESOME!! Way to be, my friend! Let me know when your next race is....not that I'll join you, but I can come watch and cheer! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Melissa is trying to get me into doing another 5k...as if one wasn't enough! :)

Corinne said...

I can't decide if I'm impressed or think you're crazy...probably a little bit of both. Great job! I could barely get myself to go swimming on the 4th because it was so hot. You're my hero. When I grow up I want to be ambitious just like you. :)

Shellee said...

That is an awesome goal!!!!
You really need to watch the movie "Run, Fat Boy, Run". It's not about a fatboy running... It's about a guy who trains for a race to win back his ex-fiancee. Funny Movie. It will get you totally inspired.

Missy said...

How did I not know that you have a blog???!!! Ok, so I have a lot of catching up to do! I must say that Hannah is one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen:)She seems to get cuter every time I see her.

Steve and Steph said...

you are so awesome!! I wish I was as goal oriented as you are...What a great quality!